Preventing Electrical Fires; When Should You Call an Electrician…

Safety Tips for the Prevention of  Electrical Fires

♦Work on Home electrical distribution or lighting equipment should only be conducted by a qualified electrician.  When you are buying, selling or remodeling a home, have it inspected by a professional electrician.

Call a qualified electrician or your landlord if you have:

♦recurring problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuit breakers,

♦a tingling feeling when you touch an electrical appliance,

♦discolored or warm outlets,

♦a burning smell or rubbery odor coming from an appliance,

♦flickering lights,

♦sparks from an outlet.

Arc Fault Breaker, Shuts off electricity when a dangerous situation occurs.

♦Arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) are a type of circuit breaker that shuts off electricity when a dangerous condition occurs.  Consider having them installed in your home.

Parkin Electric has qualified electricians available 24/7 for electrical repairs and service.   503.657-4958